Thursday, August 11, 2011

Liberalism vs. Conservatism comparison by state?

I imagine this will cause some heated debate. Anyway, is it possible to compare the success or failure of the two by looking at states that lean strongly to one way or another? For example, I live in Machusetts. It is known as a very liberal state. My wife and I grossed about 85K last year. Yet we struggle to afford a two bedroom ranch on a quarter acre of land in a modest suburban neighborhood. By struggle, I mean I work a part time job with my full time job, we only own one car, and we don't spend much, yet aren't able to save much either. I believe New York and California are like this as well, very expensive places to live. Aren't they liberal? Yet areas away from NYC are affordable in the state, I think. And I also know that California has a conservative governor, so maybe I'm wrong about the state being liberal. So I'm probing to see what people think about this, to share about their state and their opinions. I'm talking mainly of affordability, living standard, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment